Friday 5 February 2016

Interview Techniques

Having taken part as an observer, interviewer and interviewee in today’s session, list the skills, personal qualities or previous experiences you have which would be of value to a potential employer?

The qualities I have are good communicative skills, knowledge of terminology, experience, passion, and enthusiasm and would work hard in any task that I was set and perform to the best of my ability.

List any concerns you may have about your management of any interview situation.

I would be concerned about my nerves getting the better of me. Although I would be prepared I may find myself stuttering or taking mini pauses to re focus myself and trying not to focus on my nerves.

Having watched or taken part in mock interviews, list the common weaknesses in an interviewee’s performance

The most common weaknesses in the interviewee’s performances was the fact that we were not prepared as much as we could be. There were also a few stutters and pauses when answering some questions.

How could these be overcome?

Being more prepared for the interview and knowing what to say so that stuttering and pausing would not be an issue when being interviewed.

List 8 key factors important to an employer in interviewing a potential employee.
1.  Confidence
2. Preparation
3. Good body language
4. Terminology
5. Punctuality
6. Appropriate dress code for the interview
7. Passion for the job title

8.  Good work ethic

No comments:

Post a Comment