Thursday 21 January 2016

Rebeccas Documentary Evaluation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mH6oa50YdTs&feature=youtu.be

Constraints experienced- I experienced a few constraints throughout making my documentary. My video that i was editing got deleted which resulted in me having to start all over again which was very time consuming. As all my footage was lost i had to go and ask a few people to let me film them again, so trying to get similar answers was quite hard as i needed it to fit in with the footage i already had. Another constraint that effected my documentary was trying to get the people i was filming to be serious and not laugh. This took quite a long time and looking back at my footage I had to cut out quite a lot of my research as people were laughing and not finding it serious.



Your management of the production -
I think that collecting the video clips were probably the hardest part as like i mentioned before it took many takes for it to be serious and for it to be portrayed in the right way. Apart from that i think my final outcome was effective and managed to get across the theme of social media sites being a big part of peoples lives but also a a big part which i decided i wanted to focus on when filming my documentary, bullying. I found some good stories which show how social media can effect people largely, so much that it can lead to suicide. i think including this in my documentary gets the point across of how teenagers are definitely being impacted by the internet. A main factor when working on my documentary was the fact that the final video was much different to how I pictured it. I first wanted my main focus to be purely on image and how it effects people on a day to day basis. As you can see in my presentation I had a clear idea of what I wanted to do but as it came to collecting information and asking people I soon decided to change my idea. As I did more research into image and social networking sites I found many issues of forms of bullying and harassment all caused from things posted on the internet. I thought this would be a good thing to tie in with my documentary as I could go on to talk about the actual harms that being on social networking sites can lead to and also the amount people judge other people upon their image.


Willow watched my video and said that it was clear and effective and that it included good themes of social media and how it can lead to bullying. He said the fact that i also included clips of people talking about bullying extended my document further by making it much more touching rather than just writing about the effects of using social media.


I think i managed my time well by getting my clips filmed on time and allowed myself the time to go back and re film as some of the clips were not serious enough or not clear enough. Loosing my work was a real constraint but i do think i managed to sort it out quickly and efficiently and ended up making a documentary which targeted my brief. My main aim was to talk about image and social media and what it can lead to and i think i met my criteria.




Presentation

No comments:

Post a Comment